Friday 14 December 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's been a little while since I've had a chance to get back here and post anything. Life has been pretty hectic to say that least.

Mum has been moved to a new nursing home, the one that she really wanted to go to, when she found out she had to go into care. They rang me 2 weeks ago and she was moved last Friday and seems to be settling in well :)

The preparations for Christmas are well under way. Presents have been purchased or made and 95% of them are already wrapped and sitting under the tree. It's a bit more exciting this year than it has been in the past, because we have a new family member. Josh, my 18 year old, now has his girlfriend living here with us and she hasn't had a "real" Christmas before. She's pretty excited about it all and it is definitely rubbing off on all of us :)

I've finally finished my teaching job for the year, so for now, there is no job to go to, so I have plenty of time to get some baking and cleaning done.

We are going to just have a quiet Christmas at home, with a visit to mum after lunch and then we can just sit back and relax for the rest of the day.

Ebony, my 17 year old is having her boyfriend come and join us to ring in the new year, so it's going to be a pretty loud night. 4 teenagers, myself and my husband and anyone else that wants to join us lol.

I haven't had a lot of time to sit and do any crochet, I've worked on a couple of little things, one is a seriously overdue birthday gift for a dear friend and I've made a couple of little things here and there, but no real crocheting for a good couple of weeks and I'm starting to have withdrawals!
Hopefully once things settle down a bit I will be able to get back to it :)

So for now, I don't have any new things to share on the creative front, just some news about what has been going on here.

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you everything you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment