Thursday 25 October 2012

Hot Off The Hook...

I found this pattern on Pinterest and it really caught my eye. The designer is a lovely lady named Angeline and she has a blog of her own.....
Mijn Eigen Plekkie

Angeline has some beautiful things on her site, it's definitely worth a look.

I decided to move away from the owls for a little bit, because I wanted to get this on my hook. I've made it for my mother to have in her room at the nursing home, so she will have an "angel" watching over her.



 I used acrylic yarn to make her and she is huge. She measures 57cm (approximately 22 inches) from the top of her head to the tip of her toes!

I'm planning on making another one, once I clear some more "to-do's" out of my folder. The next one will be in 4ply cotton and I'm thinking of changing her hair and experimenting with her.

This was a fun and easy pattern to follow and best of all, it was free!

The original pattern is in Dutch, but Angeline offers an English version if you email her.
All you have to do is say "thanks" and maybe send her a nice pattern in return. Not much to ask at all for a lovely pattern!

Follow up: I went and saw mum yesterday and delivered the Tilda, she was very happy with it and it now hangs on her wall in her room :) 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't see lovely?Isn't she what love is all...etc.(you probably will know this song!)I'm singing it right over here now for your adorable Tilda!;-)I'm curious what your mum will say about it!:-)

    hugs
    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!
    yes I think I know the song you are singing lol
    Thank you so much for sharing the pattern with me :)
    I'm curious to see what mum will say about it too. I guess I'll find out in a couple of days when I go to see her and deliver Tilda to her :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete