I love the way it's turned out, all those cute little owls everywhere.
Here's a picture of the finished project:
This is one side:
And this is the other side:
The pattern didn't call for a lining, but I chose to include one, I found this corduroy in my material stash and I think it blends nicely with the outside of the bag. The whole lining was hand sewn because my sewing machine refused to play nice with me. It took a while but I love the way it turned out.
I chose to crochet the handles, because I couldn't find any that I liked in a length that I wanted.
After the first use of the bag, I found that the handles tended to "roll", so I went out and purchased some ribbon, chocolate brown with white polka dots and sewed that to the outside of the handles and now they are much sturdier and don't roll anymore :)
(I haven't had a chance to take a photo of the bag again, now that the handles have been updated. I'll try and do that in the near future and I'll add it to this post.)
I took it out to town with me the day after I completed it and the girls at work saw it and asked if I could make them one too! lol
I told them that they would have to wait a while because I have other things in my "to-do" list that I want to make first!