Tuesday 28 August 2012

It's Been A While.......

Well it's been a while since I've had a chance to revisit and update any posts.

Life has been pretty hectic for me over the past few months. My 85 year old mother had to come and live with us as she was no longer capable of living alone. Mum was diagnosed with epilepsy approximately 2 years ago and her health has been deteriorating ever since. At the time of this post, mum is currently in hospital and not doing too well. She was admitted last week suffering from major confusion and was very unsteady on her feet, so the doctor thought it best to admit her and run tests and keep her under close supervision. I have to go and meet with the doctor later on this afternoon and find out what is going to happen from here on out.

It's so hard watching someone who has been there all your life and you've alway seen as being strong and independent, become a shell of their former self. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this would be the way things would turn out. I'm just glad that I have had these past few months to spend with mum and being able to be there for her like she's always been for me.

I love you, mum <3


No comments:

Post a Comment